The Grady Group was named after James “Grady” Travis, first Mayor of Buena Park, CA and Justin’s grandfather. He lived by these principles:
Grady’s Principles & Logic
- There is more than one kind of education.
- A bum on the street can tell you something you didn’t know.
- If you work so much you don’t have time to spend what you make, you must get ahead.
- You spend one third of your life in bed, buy a good one
- Don’t be tired and hungry at the same time.
- Be one of the best in your field, whatever it is, and your problems will be few.
- Business is business – write it down.
- A deal must be fair in all directions.
- Walk through all deals three times trying to kick holes in it; cut it down and proceed with caution.
- Assume that your customers know as much about your subject as you do.
- If you rub up against a mule long enough, you will smell like a mule.
- The overhead stops when the sun goes down. Keep working and make twice as much.